Clutch Repairs in Boksburg, Benoni, Germiston, Kempton Park, East Rand
You need to think about the state of your car’s clutch, particularly if you are driving a car with a manual transmission. Depending on your driving habits, it should last between 4 to 7 years.
A common cause of costly roadside rescue is due to a slipping or worn clutch. If a clutch fails it can damage the flywheel, adding extra expense to an already serious mechanical problem.
Signs that your clutch may be failing:
- Shuddering when taking off
- Difficulty with changing gears
- Noisy gear shifts
- The response from the clutch pedal has diminished
- High revs from a standing start, or when going up hills.
We are highly trained in diagnosing any problems of this nature. Our Auto Super Shoppes mechanics can service, repair, or replace your clutch if necessary.
Our Clutch Servicing Includes
- Looking at the free-play (adjustment) in the clutch cable
- Adjusting the clutch cable if needed
- Checking the clutch fluid( hydraulic system)
- Road testing the car
You’ll be happy to know we can complete a clutch adjustment in less than 10 minutes.
The way you drive plays a big part in the longevity of your clutch, for instance if you ride the clutch. This is when you keep the clutch partially disengaged. Doing this causes the clutch to be unable to engage with the flywheel, causing premature wear.